Last updated: 3/28/2019
1. Our principles for processing personal data
We collect data in lawful and fair means, and where appropriate, with your consent.
We collect personal data that is relevant to the purposes for which they are to be used, and to the extent necessary for those purposes.
We specify the purpose for the collection of data at the time of collection. Personal data is not be used for purposes outside of the original intended and specified purpose, except with your consent or the authority of the law.
We keep data accurate, complete and kept up-to-date.
Personal data is protected by reasonable security safeguards against such risks as loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
2. What personal data we collect and process
Blacksburg Law collects several different types of personal data for various purposes.
We collect personal data through our contact form:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, city/town, state/province, ZIP/postal code
We collect person data through server access logs:
- IP address
3. How we use the personal data
Blacksburg Law uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To improve the design and functionality of our website
We do not sell, rent or trade email lists or any data with other companies and businesses.
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
- Blacksburg Law needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Blacksburg Law permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in Blacksburg Law legitimate interests
- Blacksburg Law needs to comply with the law
4. Information security measures
The Blacksburg Law website uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt content submitted through the site. We take further measure to secure your data on our computers, back-up systems and third-party services.
5. Retention of personal data
Blacksburg Law will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
Blacksburg Law will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
6. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent